The Importance Of Experienced Counsel
Hiring any lawyer involves having a level of trust in the person, both in their competence, experience and honesty. In choosing a litigator for an arbitration, mediation or litigation you need someone who is aggressive with your adversary, but listens to you, your choices and decisions. Securities Law is a highly specialized field and your choice of counsel plays a critical role in the outcome. These cases are not like personal injury cases and should not be handled by lawyers without the appropriate experience and dedication to investors and the securities industry. Our team has the right experience to guide you through this process:
- More than 35 years of collective experience representing both plaintiffs and claimants in civil matters and defendants and respondents in administrative and regulatory matters.
- Represented investors and industry professionals, nationally and internationally, securing tens of millions of dollars in securities industry settlements and awards for investor clients, whistleblowers, and securities industry professionals in employment disputes.
- Ms. Malecki is currently the Vice-President on the board of the PIABA Foundation, an investor education charitable organization, and has been on the board and a member of PIABA (Public Investor Arbitration Bar Association), the only nationwide bar association of securities arbitration and litigation attorneys. She presents panel discussions annually to members.
- Ms. Malecki has been a FINRA arbitrator and Chairperson, and is a trained mediator.
- Ms. Malecki was recently appointed to FINRA’s National Arbitration and Mediation Committee (NAMC), which advises FINRA’s Board of Directors. The NAMC board makes policy and rule recommendations that govern the securities arbitration process.
- In 2014 and 2015, Ms. Malecki visited Senators and House of Representatives members’ offices to garner support for the Investor Choice Act of 2013, currently on the floor of the House of Representatives, and to persuade the Senate to pass similar legislation. The firm attorneys have frequently urged United States Senate and House of Representatives members, to support the Department of Labor’s (DOL) proposal to hold financial advisors to a higher standard and act in the best interest of retirement investors.
- Proven track-record for achieving large securities industry settlements. In a recent Securities arbitration case the firm won $7.2+ million in settlements in a real estate based Ponzi scheme for average middle-class investors
- Securing counterclaim awards and expungements for industry clients against several leading financial institutions. The firm won $2.5 million settlement in Municipal Securities Industry compensation & Sexual Harassment claim in an employment industry dispute.
- Malecki Law has a track record for representing international clients. They recovered $2.1 million in settlements against a major financial institution & stock transfer company for failure to sell previous restricted stock for an Italian national
- The firm’s famous clientele includes professional Baseball player and pitcher Rodney Beck for whom they won $1.15 Million awarded in an unsuitable investments case
- Ms. Malecki was a consulting expert on Ontonimo (OMO) Limited vs. BNP Paribas Securities Corp. – ($16.6 million FINRA award in 2015).
- The Malecki law team speak regularly at the Practising Law Institute (PLI), the New York City Bar Association and the New York County Lawyers Association, Brooklyn Law School, St. John’s Law School and New York Law School, as well as participate annually in PIABA’s year-end conference.