A Reputation for Excellence
Uniquely focused on providing legal representation in the context of securities law and related practice areas, Malecki Law handles a wide variety of matters—including customer arbitrations, employment law disputes, securities fraud litigation, arbitration and mediation, regulatory defense, representation to whistleblowers and commercial litigation, as well as appeals—for both national and international clients.
Malecki Law is “AV Preeminent Rated” by Martindale Hubbell, indicating “very high to preeminent legal ability and very high ethical standards as established by confidential opinions from members of the bar.” In 2012 Ms. Malecki was named as a Top Attorney by Super Lawyers and the National Law Journal, being featured in the New York Times Magazine, New York Magazine, National Law Journal and other related publications. . Ms. Malecki has appeared on Wall Street Journal Live, NBC’s Today Show, Fox Business News, ABC’s Eyewitness News, Bloomberg Television, China TV, EBR TV and on other syndicated shows and networks. She also has appeared on Steve Forbes’ in-flight radio show “America’s Most Influential Women in Government, Technology, Business, and the Law”, as well as other nationally syndicated radio programs. The Wall Street Journal is featuring Ms. Malecki in an educational video clip about the arbitration process at FINRA, the Financial Regulatory Authority. Ms. Malecki’s career has been the subject of an article of Law Crossing.
Based in the financial district of New York City, the Manhattan-based securities fraud lawyers of Malecki Law practices throughout the nation as well as internationally, frequently serving clients in New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, and Washington D.C.
Malecki Law brings a keen understanding of the complexities of securities and commodities markets, the investment industry framework, and how investment strategies work and fail. Because Ms. Malecki represents both plaintiffs and claimants in civil matters and defendants and respondents in administrative and regulatory matters, she is familiar with both sides of the relevant legal arguments. Her extensive and well-balanced experience as a NY whistleblower lawyer, New York securities arbitration attorney, and a New York securities fraud litigator has proven critical to her success in reaching favorable results for her clients.
From its New York location, Malecki Law has handled a wide variety of securities cases, including
- Securities fraud, Defective Securities Products and Unsuitability claims
- Commercial Litigation and Appeals
- Arbitration and mediations
- Audits and investigations
- Whistleblower representation and claims
- Business and Employment Contract Negotiations and Reporting Issues
- Governmental, Regulatory, and Self-Regulatory Proceedings
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Financial Regulatory Authority (FINRA), state securities division and other agency, regulatory and self-regulatory complaints.
- Real Estate Investments
Ms. Malecki represents investors in matters ranging from routine suitability cases to complex disputes involving issues such as
- Common Law Fraud & Misrepresentations and Omissions under Federal Securities Laws
- Churning / Overtrading
- Unauthorized Trading
- Product Failures: Issues with mutual funds, preferred securities, bonds, notes, annuities, hedge funds, private placements, CMOs, CDOs, MBSs, REITs, and other structured products.
- Margin Violations
- Market Manipulation
- Failure to Execute
- Failure to Supervise
- Breach of Contract
- Conversion and Theft
- Insider Trading
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty
The New York securities arbitration attorneys of Malecki Law are equally committed to delivering effective and efficient services to industry clients. We design strategies that protect our clients’ interests, based on a clear understanding of the multifaceted needs and requirements of each particular firm.
Ms. Malecki is a member of and has been on the Board of Directors (and an Officer) of the Public Investors Arbitration Association (PIABA) and serves as a FINRA arbitration lawyer. Ms. Malecki advocates for positive change in securities law and regulations through a variety of industry associations, and as a NY whistleblower lawyer. Her insights, formally filed comments and opinions on current issues and changes in securities law have been used by the Securities and Exchange Commission and FINRA, as well as sought by both television and print media.
To learn more about securities arbitration and litigation, please read our “Securities Law” page.
- Squeezed by U.S., Lockheed CEO Aims Abroad CEO Marillyn Hewson is working to address one of her top challenges: expanding Lockheed's international business at a time when its biggest customer, ....
- Employers Gain Confidence to Hire U.S. employers are gaining confidence heading into year's end, hiring at the quickest clip since before Washington's political dysfunction rattled ....
- Mexico Energy Bill to End Pemex's Monopoly Mexico's government and the main opposition party sealed a historic deal to open up the energy sector to competition, ending a 75-year-old monopoly on ....